Alta Bicycle Share, Washington, DC
Technical Operations Manager
May 2012 ~ Present
- Provide on-site support for system installations and launches.
- Build and maintain knowledge base and data collection systems for field operations.
- Analyze, evaluate, and improve business processes and workflows.
- Write corporate policy, planning, and procedural documents.
- Support and document risk management and compliance processes.
- Ensure policies and best practices are followed consistently across all field operations.
Alta Bicycle Share, Washington, DC
Technical Services Manager, Capital Bikeshare
August 2010 ~ April 2012
- Managed assembly, installation, maintenance and repair of 140 automated bicycle rental stations in Washington, DC, and Arlington County, VA, comprising the largest bicycle sharing program in the US at the time.
- Diagnosed and resolved technical and operational problems with bicycle sharing hardware and software.
- Developed web-based database applications to track and report bicycle sharing operations data.
- Trained and supervised technicians and assembly personnel.
- Maintained inventory of parts, tools, and supplies; processed and tracked purchases, receipts, and warranties.
Calvert Asset Management, Bethesda, MD
November 2006 ~ June 2009
- Examined and evaluated corporate practice and performance to support investment decisions, with particular focus on financial and healthcare industries.
- Researched public policy, regulatory systems, and markets conditions, with specific emphasis on pharmaceutical and financial services industries.
- Analyzed corporate publications, legal documents, and regulatory filings; assess policies, programs, and performance of publicly traded companies with respect to stated corporate goals, industry peer groups, and independent criteria.
- Evaluated industrial impacts, key metrics, and research methodologies with regard to environmental, social, and corporate governance issues.
- Wrote company profiles and industry reports synthesizing research and analysis to support board decisions and asset management.
City Bikes, Washington, DC
March 2005 ~ August 2006
- Planned retail strategy, selected product lines, maintained relationships with vendors, and negotiated payment terms.
- Purchased and received all inventory for a retail location with annual sales over $1.5 million.
- Maintained inventory database; scheduled and supervised physical inventory counts.
- Managed warehouse staff and allocated resources for short term contracts.
Shaw EcoVillage Project, Washington, DC
Chain Reaction Operations Manager
April 2002 – November 2004
- Managed the Chain Reaction program: provided sustainable transportation, employment, skills training, and youth leadership opportunities to an under-served community.
- Created annual and monthly program budgets and forecasts; tracked and reported expenses and revenues; designed and implemented work-flow systems to increase efficiency, quality, and capacity.
- Recruited and supervised youth and adult staff, volunteers and students.
- Taught and developed curriculum for youth and adult programs.
- Grew retail sales of the Youth Bike Shop 500% over a two year period.
Sandy Spring Friends School, Sandy Spring, MD
August 1998 ~ August 2001
- Taught a variety of math topics to students in grades 9 through 12; coached boys and girls cross-country running teams.
- Created an innovative curriculum for students entering the high school environment – including team building, outdoor education trips, and community service projects.